For pregnant women, the COVID-19 pandemic has been a tumultuous time. Suddenly, every vision of what their pregnancies would be like has changed. But with the help of their loved ones and supportive professionals, pregnancy can still be beautiful. These resources will help you meet your loved one’s needs during this pandemic.
Marking Important Milestones
Your loved one doesn’t have to give up on special occasions. It’s time to get together virtually!
- If your loved one is concerned about safety at the baby shower, suggest they switch the celebration to a virtual platform.
- Does your loved one want to surprise their friends and family with a colorful gender reveal? Break out the webcam for the big event!
- If your loved one needs help with DIY maternity photos, check out this guide to beautiful poses.
Making a Birth Plan
Planning for childbirth during a pandemic is complicated. Luckily, your loved one has choices.
- Your loved one might be curious about giving birth at home to stay protected from the virus. Help her figure out if this option is right for her.
- If neither a hospital birth nor a home birth appeal to your loved one, encourage her to look into birthing centers.
- No matter what your loved one decides for her birth plan, you can help her connect to doula services to be with her throughout the process.
Helping New Moms
Want to brighten your loved one’s day? Choose a gift that will put a smile on her face, or offer them help!
- If you know how to sew, you can make a unique DIY onesie for the new little one by following this pattern.
- Purchase items that you know your loved one will need after she gives birth and send the basket to the hospital.
- If your loved one is upsizing, help them research how to sell their home safely during the pandemic.
Pregnancy always brings surprises, and no pregnancy goes completely according to plan. But your loved one probably wasn’t expecting to face a pandemic during her pregnancy! With your love and care, she will know that she is thoroughly supported no matter what.
Julie Morris is a life and career coach. She thrives on helping others live their best lives. It’s easy for her to relate to clients who feel run over by life because she’s been there. After years in a successful (but unfulfilling) career in finance, Julie busted out of the corner office that had become her prison.
Today, she is fulfilled by helping busy professionals like her past self get the clarity they need in order to live inspired lives that fill more than just their bank accounts. When Julie isn’t working with clients, she enjoys writing and is currently working on her first book. She also loves spending time outdoors and getting lost in a good book.